Below we inform you in a transparent manner on how c.d. Cookies operate on this website (hereinafter "Site")
Definition of “cookie".
Cookies are small amount of data (letters and/or numbers) which can be stored by the web server on the client ( the browser, e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera...) as information that can be used solely in the course of a session (session cookies) or at a later date (persistent cookies). Cookies are customized according to user preferences from the single browser on the specific device used (computer, tablet, smartphone).
Similar technologies, such as web beacon, transparent GIF and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to gather information on user behavior and his/her use of services.
A cookie can not retrieve any data from the user's hard drive, transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses.Each cookie is unique to the user's web browser. Some cookie functions can be delegated to other technologies. The term "cookie" here refers to cookies and all similar technologies.
According to characteristics and use, we distinguish various types of cookies:
Technical Cookies which are strictly necessary . These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of a website and are used to manage various services related to a websites (for example, login or access to the reserved functions). The duration of these cookies is strictly limited to the session of work, but they can store data for a longer period of time to remember user preferences. Disallowing strictly necessary cookies can compromise User experience and website browsing.
Analytics and performance cookies: these cookies are used to collect and analyze traffic and the use of a website anonymously.
These cookies, without identifying the user, can detect if the same user returns to connect at different times. They help monitor the system and improve performance and usability. The deactivation of these cookies can be carried out without any functional loss and will be discussed in detail later.
Profiling cookies. These are permanent cookies used to identify (anonymously or not anonymously ) user preferences and improve their browsing experience. When entering a website, the user can receive cookies from other sites or different web servers (so-called "third parties") which contain elements such as images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains.
For more information on these cookies, not used by the Site, please visit the appropriate section on the website:http://www.garantedellaprivacy.it/cookie
Purpose of the processing and use of technical session cookies.
1. Cookies with data compiled by the user (session ID), which last a session or persistent cookies with a duration limited to a few hours;
2. Authentication cookies, used for authenticated services, that last one session;
3. Security cookies focused on the User to detect authentication abuses, which are persistent for a limited period of time;
4. Session cookies for multimedia players, such as cookies for "flash" readers, which last one session;
5. Session load balancing cookies, which last one session;
6. Persistent cookies for customizing the user interface, which last one session (or a little longer sometimes);
7. Cookies for sharing content through social plug-ins of third parties, for members of a social network who have logged in.
The Data Controller therefore informs that only technical cookies (such as those listed above) are used on the Site, as they are necessary and allow essential functions such as: authentication, validation, management of a browsing session and fraud prevention. Also they identify if the user has had regular access to areas of the site that require prior authentication and allow user validation and the management of sessions related to the various services and applications, the storage of data for access in secure mode and the functions of control and prevention of fraud.
For maximum transparency, we list below a series of examples of technical cookies and specific modes of use on the Site:
Third party cookies
- cookies implanted in the user's / contractor's terminal directly (which will not be used for further purposes) such as session cookies used to "fill the cart" in the course of online reservations/purchases , authentication cookies, cookies for multimedia contents such as flash player that do not exceed the duration of a session. Personalization cookies (for example for the choice of browser language, ID and password recall with the typing of the first characters, etc.)
- cookies used to statistically analyze visits to the site (so-called "analytics") that pursue merely statistical purposes (not profiling or marketing purposes) and collect information in aggregate form without the possibility of identifying the individual user. Since current legislation prescribes that, in the case of analytics, the interested party must be given clear and adequate indication of how to oppose (opt-out) their installation (including any mechanisms of anonymisation of the cookies themselves), we specify that it is possible to deactivate analytic cookies as follows: open your browser, select the settings menu, click on settings, open the privacy tab and choose the desired cookie blocking level. If you want to delete cookies already saved in memory, simply open the security tab and delete the history by checking the "delete cookies" box.
Visiting a website you may receive cookies from sites managed by other organizations ("third parties") who may reside in Italy or abroad.
An example present in most of the websites is the presence of You Tube videos, Google API, use of Googel Maps and the use of "social plugins" for Facebook, Twitter, Googel + and LinkedIn. These are parts of the page generally visited directly by the aforementioned sites and integrated into the page of the host site. The use of social plugins is aimed at sharing content on social networks in order to increase the visitor's user experience.
The presence of plugins involves the transmission of cookies to and from all sites managed by third parties. The treatment of information collected by "third parties" is governed by the relevant regulations which you are kindly requested to refer to.
To ensure greater transparency and convenience, here follow web addresses of regulations and procedures for the management of cookies, specifying that the Data Controller is not responsible for the operation on this website of third-party cookies.
- Google Policy: on the use of data at the link http://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies.hl=it and complete information at the link http://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Responsibility for the operation of third-party cookies.
As indicated by the Privacy Guarantor, this Site does not have the possibility to control third-party cookies when it uses third party services (You Tube, Google Maps, "social buttons"), that only the third parties are responsible for. In addition, we remind that the user may delete and block the operation of cookies at any time, using browser plugins and modifying browser settings as indicated in the various browser manuals.
Mandatory or optional consent for the operation of cookies that do not pursue marketing purposes.
It is not mandatory to acquire the consent to the use of technical cookies or third-party cookies or analytics that are similar to technical cookies. Their deactivation and/or a denial of consent will impede correct navigation on the Site and / or the access to services, pages, functions or contents there available.
Data Controller and Manager
The identification details of the Data Controller are as follows: Ottica Urbani s.n.c. with registered office in San Marco 1280, 30124 Venice.
Exercise of the rights of the interested party
With particular reference to users' rights in the field of cookies, we provide below some links for further information:
: for more information on cookies and how they affect the browsing experience. Youronlinechoices.com
for best practices provided by the Guarantor for the protection of personal data.